These modules are published in HTML-5 and may be viewed on computers using Windows or iOS operating systems, iPads, and other tablets. Some module functions may be limited on iPads, tablets, and mobile devices.
Participants who are required to document completion of modules by printing quiz results should access modules using a computer connected to a printer.
- Evaluation for Related Services
- Meeting the Needs of Students with Complex Communication Needs
- Prior Written Notice – Overview & Introduction
- Prior Written Notice – Avoiding the Common Regulatory Misinterpretations and Errors
- Overview of Placement and Services
NOTE: more e-learning modules currently in development and will be added to this page in the near future.
These e-learning modules were developed to provide professional development and technical assistance to parents, school personnel, and other consumers. All modules are intended to provide guidance for addressing the regulatory requirements and instructional elements needed for a student’s free appropriate public education (FAPE). VDOE Regulations Governing Special Education Programs for Students with Disabilities (PDF) and other Virginia guidance documents should be used in conjunction with these resources.