College Planning Resources
- Virginia College Quest – A Guide to College Success for Students with disAbilities (Funded in part by a grant from the Virginia Board for People with Disabilities)
- Gates to Adventure, Online Transition Training for Students Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, is designed for students who are deaf and hard of hearing, ages 14-adult. The instructional goal of the training is to enhance students' understanding of skills needed for successful transition from secondary to postsecondary education.
- The Journey Begins – Excerpt from LD Online. To find more information, use the search feature offered through this site.
- Helpful Hints Tips from the college student’s perspective on a variety of topics to include setting goals, time management, study skills, peers, and managing stress.
- Legal Rights
- Association on Higher Education and Disability provides brochures on topics such as Section 504 (legal rights), accommodations, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- From the Office for Civil Rights in the U.S. Department of Education – Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
- College Students and Disability Law by Stephen Thomas is about Section 504, ADA, qualifying as a "person with a disability", admission, accommodations, and dismissal is one of many resources at LDOnline
- Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights – Post Secondary Education
- Searching for Colleges
- Disability Friendly Colleges This guide contains interactive charts of the most disability friendly colleges and profiles of the colleges that provide services necessary for students with physical disabilities to live on campus.
- Financial Aid Resources