- Benefits Counseling for A Brighter Future A Resource Guide for Transition Practitioners
- Ensuring Access, Equity, and Quality for Students With Disabilities in School-to-Work Systems: A Guide to Federal Law and Policies from the Center for Law and Education, Boston, MA & Washington D.C.and the National Transition Network, Institute on Community Integration (UAP), June, 1999
- WORKSUPPORT.com - Information, resources and research about work and disability issues from the Rehabilitation Research and Training Center at Virginia Commonwealth University
- A New Era: Revitalizing Special Education for Children and Their Families. Dr. Paul Wehman's complete testimony to the President's Commission on Excellence in Special Education Transition Task Force Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee, on April 18, 2002
- Articles reprinted with permission from PRO-Ed, Inc
- Project Corporate Support (CORPS)
- Social Security Work Incentives Fact Sheets
- FAQ's: Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Benefits Assistance Resource Center (BARC) Briefing Papers
- Transition from School to Work:Facilitating Employment Using Assistive Technology and Supports
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Transition from School to Work: Facilitating Employment Using Assistive Technology and Supports by Katherine J. Inge, Ph.D., O.T.R., Wendy Strobel, BA, Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Supported Employment, and Jayne Shepherd, M.S., O.T.R. School of Allied Health, Department of Occupational Therapy,Virginia Commonwealth University
- All Means All School-to-Work Website recognizes and celebrates the efforts of local school-to-work partners across the country who are committed to doing "whatever it takes" to ensure access to and choice by all learners within their local school-to-work system.
- The School-to-Work Outreach Project (STWOP) was a nationwide, three year project funded by the US Department of Education to improve school-to-work activities including students with disabilities by identifying and sharing school-to-work models/practices/strategies that work, encouraging others to adopt or replicate those models. Although the STWOP completed the identification process in the Fall of 1997, the site developers continue to post the profiles of exemplary models/practices/strategies, in addition to other products developed by this project: School-to-Work Links.
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth In late 2001, the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) in the US Department of Labor (DOL) funded the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth technical assistance centers designed to assist the workforce development community to overcome the issues affecting the employment of people with disabilities. This center focuses its activities on adults with disabilities and the other on youth with disabilities. NCWD/Youth is composed of partners with expertise in disability, education, employment, and workforce development issues. The Collaborative is charged with assisting state and local workforce development systems to integrate youth with disabilities into their service strategies, and it is housed at the Institute for Educational Leadership.
- Assets for Independence This site contains a series of 30 second online trainings on financial subjects such as credit cards, savings accounts and other money matters.
- School to Work Transition Services from the Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Institute for Community Inclusion
- Transition Planning for Adolescents with Special Health Care Needs and Disabilities: Information for Families and Teens
- Making Dreams a Reality: Using Personal Networks to Achieve Goals as You Prepare to Leave High School
- Postsecondary Education As A Critical Step toward Meaningful Employment: Vocational Rehabilitation's Role by Dana Scott Gilmore, Jennifer Bose, and Debra Hart
- Recreation in the Community
- Best & Effective Practices in School to Work Transition for Youth with Disabilities from the Delaware Department of Education
- Ticket to Work
- Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy: National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability (NCWD/Youth) - Navigating the Road to Work
For more information, contact your local Special Education Director, local Rehabilitative Services Office, or the Virginia Department of Education