Vocational & Career Assessment
Vocational assessment and evaluation are invaluable pieces to complete the transition process. An appropriately provided vocational assessment helps to guide the process of discovery for an individual seeking direction in their future career path. A wide range of options can be provided through these services including career screening assessments, career exploration, interest and aptitude testing, hands-on worksample exploration, situational assessment and community based exploration. Through these varied processes, vocational evaluation personnel can help students recognize their strenghts, talents, interests and unique abilities as they relate to future career training, transition and employment opportunities.
- The Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals Association – This nonprofit organization is committed to advancing and improving the fields of vocational evaluation and career assessment and represents the needs of professionals who provide those services. Its scope of services encompasses individuals who need assistance with vocational development and/or career decision making.
- Commission on Certification of Work Adjustment and Vocational Evaluation Specialists (CCWAVES) – CCWAVES is the national certification office for practitioners to obtain national certification as a Certified Vocational Evaluation Specialist (CVE). CCWAVES began offering national certifications in the early 1980's and includes membership from representatives across several national organizations.
- The Collaborative Vocational Evaluation Training Program – a graduate training program in vocational evaluation and assessment at the George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Vocational Assessment: A Guide for Parents and Professionals– A publication provided through the National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Career Exploration
- Virginia VIEW Career Information System – Virginia's comprehensive career resource.
- Discovering the Careers That Fit You - An online assessment inventory to match interests to career areas
- Exploring Occupations: Getting Started on Your Career Path
- Career Connections, Fairfax County Public School's comprehensive online resource for career information
- Bridges Career Explorer – A leading product from Bridges, Inc. from Canada.
- The Occupational Information Network – A national source for occupational and labor market information
- The Career Zone – A resource that provides multi-media enhancements and an array of video clips on careers.
- The Internet's Online Career Center – A national connection for job preparation, salary information and job opportunities.
- Kiersey Temperament website – A resource for assessing temperaments.