Anaphylaxis / Epinephrine
The following resources may be used by local school divisions for policy development, training and meeting the needs of students experiencing an anaphylactic emergency in Virginia Public Schools.
Policies & Guidelines
- Guidelines for Recognition and Treatment of Anaphylaxis in the School Setting (PDF)
- Sample Anaphylaxis Skills Competency Checklist (Word)
- Sample Auto-injector Skills Competency Checklist (Word)
- Sample Anaphylaxis Policy (Word)
- Training video for the Anaphylaxis/EpiPen Auto-injector – Short video on recognizing anaphylaxis and how to use an EpiPen®.
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network – information, programs and resources related to food allergy and anaphylaxis
- Safe at School and Ready to Learn: A Comprehensive Policy Guide for Protecting Students with Life-threatening Food Allergies – from the National School Boards Association (PDF)