School Health Services
School health programs in Virginia public schools support the physical and emotional well-being of students through school nursing services, health education covering a range of developmentally appropriate topics and other services that promote a healthy learning environment.
Use the menu to the right to navigate to the sub-sections of this topic:
- School Health Office
- School Nurse Professional Development – A School Health Services Resource from the Virginia Department of Education
- School Health Advisory Boards (SHAB) – Each Virginia public school board establishes a school health advisory board consisting of representation from parents, students, health professionals, educators and others.
- Medicaid & Schools – School divisions can submit reimbursement claims to Medicaid for some services provided to students.
School Entrance Requirements
Reference to Commonwealth & Policy Made at the Local Level
- School Entrance Physical Examination Requirements-This is a Word document.
- The VDH Commonwealth of Virginia School Entrance Health Form (MCH213G) is now available for use in an online fillable format on the School Health website.