The Office of School Improvement (OSI) employs and works with contractors who collaborate with local educational agencies. The work of OSI contractors is supported by the resources and materials on this page.
2013-2014 OSI Contractor Meeting Materials
February 3, 2014
- Response to Intervention (Virginia Tiered System of Supports) (PPT)
- Virginia Tiered System of Supports – Integrating Academics and Behavior (PPT)
- Office of Special Education Program Improvement (PDF)
December 16, 2013
- Curriculum Alignment: Connecting the Curriculum, Instruction, and Student Learning (PPT)
- Participant handouts (Word)
September 16, 2013
2012-2013 Regional Liaisons & Academic Review Contractors
Regional Liaison and Academic Review Contractor Training (PPT) – September 25, 2012
2012-2013 Division Liaisons
Division Liaison & Division Contact Planning Meeting
Developing and expanding communication between and among central offices and schools: 4 part demonstration and discussion
- Play Video Part 1 – Introduction & Purpose: How Did We Get Here?
- Play Video Part 2 – Where are We Now?
- Play Video Part 3 – Where Do We Want to Be?
- Play Video Part 4 – How Do We Get There and How Will We Know We Are There?
- Multiple Measures of Data (Word)
- Quarterly Report Questions (Word)
- Students Identified as Not Passing Mathematics SOL Two or More Years (Word)
- Non-negotiable updated 4-5-2011 (Word)
- Triangulation of Data for W&M Video (PPT)
- Division Support Team Planning Worksheet (Word)
- Discovery MS AYP Targeted Data (XLS)
- Discovery MS Indicators of Effective Instruction Checklist (Word)
- Weekly SOL Evaluation (PDF)
- Red Dot Sheet Data with Sample (PDF)
- Assessment Reflection Document (Word)
- Agenda for Division Liaison and Division Contact (Word)
- Expectations (PPT)
- Central Office Transformation for District-wide Teaching and Learning Improvement (PDF)
- Working With Leadership Support Teams – Video The Division Leadership Support Team: Collaboration in the Development of Division and School Improvement Plans
- TTAC Online
- VDOE Special Education Technical Assistance & Professional Development
Alternate Governance Committees
Alternate governance committees provide instructional leadership for Title I schools in the fifth year of school improvement and beyond. Effective alternate governance committees implement best practices and reforms to improve instruction and raise student achievement. VDOE assists school divisions in the creation and training of alternate governance committees that meet the needs of students and the requirements of ESEA / NCLB.
- Restructuring/Alternative Governance Questionnaire for Year 5 and Beyond Title I School Improvement Schools (Word) – This questionnaire provides an opportunity to describe the alternative governance plan and provides an opportunity for a review of funding.