Section 1003(a) of Title I, Part A, allocations are awarded to assist Title I schools in Improvement in coordinating the delivery of research-based federal, state and local school reform initiatives that support teaching and learning in high poverty, low-achieving schools.
2011-2012 Checklists for Schools and Divisions
Office of School Improvement Checklist for:
- Schools Receiving 1003(a) Awards in Spring 2011 or FY 2009 1003(g) Grant Funds (Word)
- Division Leadership Support Team Contact Persons (Word) – for Schools Receiving 1003(a) Awards in Spring 2011 or FY 2009 1003(g) Grant Funds
- Schools New to Improvement and Receiving 1003(a) Funds (Word)
- Division Leadership Support Team of Schools New to Improvement and Receiving 1003(a) Funds (Word)
1003(a) Approved Grant Applications
View approved 1003(a) grant applications for federal fiscal years 2009 and 2010.
May, 2011 – Federal Fiscal Year 2010 1003(a), project period July 1, 2011 through September 30, 2012
The application for federal fiscal year (FFY) 2010 School Improvement Grant (SIG) funds, authorized under Section 1003(a) of Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), is available to school divisions for use in Title I schools in Title I School Improvement or Title I eligible schools that meet certain criteria. Applications are due by Friday, June 17, 2011.
- Application for federal fiscal year (FFY) 2010 1003(a) School Improvement Grant (SIG) (Word)
- Title I School Improvement Grants 1003(a) Funding for federal fiscal year (FFY) 2010 (PPT) – Presentation used during May 23, 2011 webinar
September 29, 2010 – Crosswalk of School Plan Components and Indistar Rapid Improvement Indicators (Word) – schools in Title I School Improvement must address the ten required components of a school improvement plan, as outlined in the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. This document aligns the required components with the appropriate Indistar rapid improvement indicators.
March 31, 2009 – Letter Announcing Availability of Funds: Contains Allowable Use of Funds (Word) – announcement of tentative reimbursement funds available to schools in improvement status during the 2008-2009 school year.