Administrators, Teachers & Support StaffVirginia’s Standards of Quality include state funding for instructional technology resource teachers and technology support staff. Instructional technology resource teachers train other teachers to integrate technology and software into classroom instruction while technology support staff manage each schools information networks, hardware and software.
Guidance & Information Briefs
- An Analysis of the Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT) Program in Virginia (PDF) Information Brief, January 2007
- Children and the Internet (PDF) Information Brief, June 2007
- Cyberbullying and School Policy (PDF) Information Brief, August 2008
- Division-Based Development of Open Education Resources (PDF) Information Brief, February 2013
- Implications of Digital Conversion for Virginia’s Schools (PDF) Information Brief, January 2008
- Instructional Technology Resource Teachers – Guidelines for Teachers and Administrators (PDF) 2008
- Internet Safety
- Preserving Paper and Electronic School Records (PDF) Information Brief, November 2007
- Sexting: Implications for Schools (PDF) Information Brief, October 2009
- Technology Planning (PDF) Information Brief, November 2007
Virginia Teacher Computer Purchase Program
Teachers may purchase products, available from state contracts at state discounts from current suppliers who have agreed to participate in this program. The covered personal computers are all Intel/Microsoft Windows based products. Apple Macintosh products are not available under this program at this time.
More about this program at VITA (Virginia Information Technologies Agency)
Grants & Data Collection
- ESEA Title II, Part D grants – Information on Enhancing Education through Technology State Program (Ed Tech) awards grants to assist schools in raising student achievement, ensuring technology literacy before the 9th grade and promoting the integration of technology in curriculum development and teacher training.
- Data Collection – Information and resources on the administration, management and reporting of Ed Tech grants.