Educational Technology Planning
State Technology Plan
The Board of Education maintains a detailed comprehensive, six-year plan to integrate educational technology into the Standards of Learning and the curricula of the public schools in Virginia. The plan presents a vision for the use of technology in schools and classrooms, and it serves as a blueprint for school divisions by identifying the necessary components of an effective technology program.
- Educational Technology Plan for Virginia: 2010-15 Executive Summary (PDF)
- Educational Technology Plan for Virginia: 2010-15 (PDF)
- Infusing Assistive Technology for Learning: Assuring Access for all Students (PDF)
- Also available: 2003-2009 Educational Technology Plan for Virginia (PDF)
Local Technology Planning
Local technology plans help school divisions identify resources and strategies to promote the most effective uses of technology to enhance instruction and learning. VDOE provides assistance and resources to help schools divisions:
- Align local plans with the state plan;
- Meet all state and federal requirements;
- Assess the quality of local plans; and
- Assess progress toward meeting state goals for educational technology integration.
Technology Planning Resources
- Division Plan Alignment Document (PDF) (2010)
- Essential Elements of ITC Literacy (PDF)
- School Division Technology Plan Alignment Report (Word) (2004)
- School Division Technology Plan Alignment Workbook (Word) (2004)
- Educational Technology Guidelines: Designing and Maintaining Instructional Technology Systems (PDF) – key information for designing and maintaining instructional systems that transition technology seamlessly into teaching, learning, and school management (2008).
- Educational Technology Guidelines and Resources – outside resources and additional documentation for designing and maintaining instructional systems that support online assessments and transition technology seamlessly into teaching, learning, and school management.
- Technology Planning Information Brief (PDF) – VDOE Office of Education Technology (2007)