Virginia K-12 Learning Infrastructure Program (KLIP)
News & Announcements
New state match and E-rate funding available for broadband special construction projects; for more information see:
The K-12 Learning Infrastructure Program (KLIP) is a partnership with the Virginia Department of Education, the governor’s office, the EducationSuperHighway (ESH), and the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation. The KLIP supports increased access to affordable, high-speed Internet in every classroom in Virginia.
The goals of the KLIP are to:
- Get fiber to schools that need it
- Ensure classrooms have updated and reliable Wi-Fi
- Help divisions get more broadband for their budgets, and
- Assist schools with the E-rate process to get the discounts they need for Internet access and internal connections.
Read Working Together To Connect Your Students-This is a PDF document. (PDF) to learn more about the partnership.
- EducationSuperHighway Compare and Connect K-12 Tool
- EducationSuperHighway Fiber Tool Kit
- RFP Tips and Samples
- CoSn 4th Annual K-12 Leadership Survey-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- CoSN’s 2016 4th Annual Infrastructure Survey October 16-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- CoSN Smart Education Networks by Design Checklist for School System Chief Technology Officers 2014-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- CoSN’s Smart Education Networks by Design, Guidelines for System Chief Technology Officers 2014-This is a PDF document. (PDF)
- Future Ready Schools: Building Technology Infrastructure for Learning-This is a PDF document. (PDF)