E-Rate: Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism provides discounts to assist most schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access.
The Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), administrator of the E-Rate program, has additional information for applicants on its website. USAC also has a training site with additional information.
- E-Rate Modernization Webinar Materials:
- Summary of 2014 E-Rate Modernization Order (PDF)
- View a recording of the November, 2014 webinar – This webinar covered information for school divisions on changes to the E-Rate program for the upcoming 2015 funding year. Also see Superintendent's Memo 285-14.
- 2014 E-Rate Modernization Webinar presentation (PDF)
- E-Rate Modernization Details (PDF)
- Unofficial Estimates of Category 2 Funding for FY 2015 (PDF)
- Division-level Analysis of Changes in E-Rate Funding over Five Years (XLS)
- Potential Urban Clusters – based upon current FCC rules that may be changing (PDF)
- E-Rate Information and Training from the Library of Virginia
- E-Rate Central
- Form 471 Item 21 Entry Portal for E-Rate Applicants, see Superintendent's Memo 057-14
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) Form 486 Data Set Items
- Virginia Procurement Act
- VDOE Free and Reduced Price Lunch Reports
Federal Communications (FCC) and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Information
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) creates the regulations for Universal Service. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 is on this site as well as Universal Service regulations, changes and reports on FCC decisions related to discounts.
- USAC Weekly News Briefs