News & Announcements
VDOE has scheduled three E-rate mini-bid webinars followed by EducationSuperHighway information for September 2016:
- Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 3 p.m.
School divisions should file Form 498 in the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) if needed and get it approved before filing Form 472, (BEAR). Remember to file Form 472 for refunds for 2015. Form 472 must be paid by October 28, 2016. Instructions for filing the FCC Form 498 (PDF)
School divisions should also be documenting Child Internet Protection Compliance (CIPA). And, if you have a Funding Decision Letter Commitment (FDLC) for 2016, verify that your .csv file is correct, and file Form 486 in the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC).
E-Rate: Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism provides discounts to assist most schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access.
The Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Company(USAC), administrator of the E-Rate program, has additional information for applicants on its website. USAC also has a training site with additional information.
- E-Rate Modernization Webinar Materials (November 2014):
- Summary of 2014 E-Rate Modernization Order (PDF)
- View a recording of the November, 2014 webinar – This webinar covered information for school divisions on changes to the E-Rate program for the upcoming 2015 funding year. Also see Superintendent's Memo 285-14.
- 2014 E-Rate Modernization Webinar presentation (PDF)
- E-Rate Modernization Details (PDF)
- Unofficial Estimates of Category 2 Funding for FY 2015 (PDF)
- Division-level Analysis of Changes in E-Rate Funding over Five Years (XLS)
- Potential Urban Clusters – based upon current FCC rules that may be changing (PDF)
- E-Rate Form 471 Filing for FY 2015 Webinar Materials (January 2015):
- View a recording of the January, 2015 webinar – This webinar covered information for school divisions on changes to the E-Rate program for the upcoming 2015 funding year.
- 2015 E-Rate Modernization Webinar presentation (PDF)
- E-Rate Information and Training from the Library of Virginia
- E-Rate Central
- Urban/Rural Lookup Tool – Tool to help school districts, library systems and individual schools and libraries determine the individual and aggregate urban vs. rural status which could be used in calculating the maximum discount used in a request for funds.
- FCC Form 471 Templates – can be used to upload data into the online form 471.
- The Discount Calculation templates can be used to enter and save entity data for importing into the online FCC Form 471.
- The Funding Request templates can be used to enter and save funding request data for importing into the online FCC Form 471.
- FCC Form 471 Practice Page – Practice using the new online 471 (starting 2015 FY)
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) Form 486 Data Set Items
- Virginia Procurement Act
- VDOE National School Lunch Program Free and Reduced Price Eligibility Reports
Federal Communications (FCC) and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Information
- The Federal Communications Commission (FDD) creates the regulations for Universal Service. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 is on this site as well as Universal Service regulations, changes and reports on FCC decisions related to discounts.
- USAC Weekly News Briefs