E-Rate Form 471 Training – recorded webinar from Jan. 28, 2015
Information to school divisions on the use of the new form 471 during the 2015 funding year. The E-Rate filing window will close at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 26. View Recorded Webinar
E-Rate: Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism provides discounts to assist most schools and libraries in the United States to obtain affordable telecommunications and Internet access.
The Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), administrator of the E-Rate program, has additional information for applicants on its website. USAC also has a training site with additional information.
- E-Rate Modernization Webinar Materials:
- Summary of 2014 E-Rate Modernization Order (PDF)
- View a recording of the November, 2014 webinar – This webinar covered information for school divisions on changes to the E-Rate program for the upcoming 2015 funding year. Also see Superintendent's Memo 285-14.
- 2014 E-Rate Modernization Webinar presentation (PDF)
- E-Rate Modernization Details (PDF)
- Unofficial Estimates of Category 2 Funding for FY 2015 (PDF)
- Division-level Analysis of Changes in E-Rate Funding over Five Years (XLS)
- Potential Urban Clusters – based upon current FCC rules that may be changing (PDF)
- E-Rate Information and Training from the Library of Virginia
- E-Rate Central
- Urban/Rural Lookup Tool – Tool to help school districts, library systems and individual schools and libraries determine the individual and aggregate urban vs. rural status which could be used in calculating the maximum discount used in a request for funds.
- FCC Form 471 Templates – can be used to upload data into the online form 471.
- The Discount Calculation templates can be used to enter and save entity data for importing into the online FCC Form 471.
- The Funding Request templates can be used to enter and save funding request data for importing into the online FCC Form 471.
- FCC Form 471 Practice Page – Practice using the new online 471 (starting 2015 FY)
- National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) Form 486 Data Set Items
- Virginia Procurement Act
- VDOE Free and Reduced Price Lunch Reports
Federal Communications (FCC) and Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Information
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) creates the regulations for Universal Service. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 is on this site as well as Universal Service regulations, changes and reports on FCC decisions related to discounts.
- USAC Weekly News Briefs