Technology in Education
e-Learning Backpack Initiative – grants to purchase tablet computers are available to qualifying schools – those with a ninth grade and are not fully accredited.
To maximize the effective use of technology to improve instruction and student learning in the commonwealth, VDOE provides the following:
- Computer/Technology Standards of Learning
- Technology Standards for Instructional Personnel
- Educational Technology Plan for Virginia
- Technical assistance and guidance to schools for the integration of technology into instruction
- Information on best practices in technology integration and emerging educational technologies
- Support to school divisions in the development of local technology plans, acceptable use policies and Internet safety plans
- Management of federal and state technology grant programs
- Assistance to schools in planning and implementing network solutions and developing infrastructure standards
- High-quality professional development opportunities for educators
- Support for virtual learning options in Virginia
Explore...Virginia's Technology Initiatives
VDOE promotes the use of current and emerging technologies through initiatives and partnerships that expand opportunities for learning beyond the boundaries of the school and classroom. More about Technology Initiatives.