Technology in Education
July 15, 2011 – A new round of speed tests to assess Internet connection speeds for Virginia K-12 public schools announced. See Superintendent's Memo #192-11.
VDOE provides leadership, consultation and technical assistance to schools and school divisions in the effective use of technology to improve instruction and student learning. The department assists in the implementation of the Computer/Technology Standards of Learning and the commonwealth’s Technology Standards for Instructional Personnel. VDOE supports schools and divisions by:
- Identifying best practices of technology training and infusion
- Disseminating information on emerging educational technologies
- Facilitating local school division development of technology plans
- Assisting schools in planning and implementing network solutions and developing infrastructure standards
- Developing staff development training models
Explore...Virginia's Technology Initiatives
VDOE promotes the use of current and emerging technologies through initiatives and partnerships that expand opportunities for learning beyond the boundaries of the school and classroom. More about Technology Initiatives.