VDOE-sponsored Intel Elements Professional Development
Our six-week courses are being updated during the 2017-2018 year to reflect how technology integration supports the Profile of a Virginia Graduate. Three of our courses (Project-Based Approaches, Collaboration in the Digital Classroom, and Designing Blended Learning) are available for teachers in Virginia to take starting this January. Registration is open until January 24 by 5:00 pm. Classes will start January 31.
The other four courses (Thinking Critically with Data, Assessment in the 21st Century Classroom, Inquiry in the Science Classroom, and Mobile Learning) will be added by the second session, which will begin in April.
Click the course titles below to view a syllabus. Please read these before signing up to ensure you will benefit from the class.
To sign up for the following courses, which will begin January 31 and go for six weeks, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24 with the following information:
- Your name
- Your school division
- Your preferred email for the course
- Course you wish to take
- Project-Based Approaches-This is a Word document. – foster self-directed learning
- Collaboration in the Digital Classroom-This is a Word document. – use online tools to assist collaboration in the classroom
- Designing Blended Learning-This is a Word document. – design your own blended learning experience for students
Educational Technology Conferences in Virginia
- VSTE Annual Technology in Education Conference – The Annual Technology in Education Conference brings educators together to explore ways to use technology to support and enhance teaching and learning. The 2016 Annual Technology in Education conference will be held December 4-6, 2016 at the Virginia Beach Conference Center. The conference is sponsored by the Virginia Society for Technology in Education (VSTE). If you have questions or need additional information, please contact Karen Richardson, VSTE Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Outside Resources for Professional Development
- Educational Technology Leaders Online (ETLO)
- Virginia's PBS TeacherLine
- WHRO CII Professional Development Schedule
- Upcoming vendor-based training for ITRTs and Technology Directors:
- North TIER
Professional Development for Teachers Who Plan to Teach Online
- For Online Teachers – resources for teachers interested in learning how to teach an online course, whether it be fully online or blended.