Classroom Control & Discipline
Classroom management and discipline techniques for an orderly classroom environment
Presenter: Dr. Christopher Corallo
- Rules – the use of rules to set limits for appropriate behavior.
- Procedures – importance of having and teaching classroom procedures.
- Consequences – setting expectations for student behavior.
- Room Arrangements – physical layouts to reflect style, facilitate mobility and proximity.
- Building Relationships – building relationships to support high student expectations.
- Engaging Instruction – engaging students to meet classroom behavioral expectations.
Dr. Christopher Corallo is Henrico County's director of staff development and a VCU adjunct faculty member. He is a former VDOE director of Teacher Education & Professional Licensure and Appalachia Educational Laboratory (AEL) regional research specialist.