Teaching approaches for differentiated instruction
Presenter: Dr. Joan Rhodes
- Differentiation – understanding exceptional students and their differences.
- Working with Students with Different Cultural and Linguistic Backgrounds – ways to support student with different cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Working with Students Who Receive Special Education Services – ways to support mainstreamed students and those who receive special education support.
- Working with Gifted Learners – teaching approaches for exceptional students.
- Collaborating with Other Educational Professionals – ways to seek assistance and collaborate with fellow educators.
Dr. Joan Rhodes is an assistant professor in the Department of Teaching & Learning at VCU. Her research interests focus on early literacy development, the use of hypertext and study skills, as well as new and emerging literacies. She is also involved in research concerning assessment and instructional strategies for remediation of reading difficulties.