Alternative & Alternate Assessments
If you are looking for information about locally developed assessments to replace Standards of Learning (SOL) tests that have been eliminated, please see Locally Developed Assessments.
The Virginia schools administer alternative and alternate assessments to measure the achievement and progress of students with special needs. These assessments include the:
- Virginia Alternate Assessment Program (VAAP)
- Virginia Substitute Evaluation Program (VSEP)
- Virginia Modified Achievement Standards Test (VMAST)
- Virginia Alternative and Alternate Assessments Administrator’s Manual 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Developing Monitoring and Pre-Scoring Plans for Alternate/Alternative Assessments (PPT)
- Administrators Update Training 2017-2018-This is a PPT document.