Virginia Modified Achievement Standards Test (VMAST)
VMAST assessments for End-of-Course (EOC) Algebra I and EOC Reading will be available for eligible students with disabilities pursuing a Standard Diploma with credit accommodations. VMAST assessments for grade 8 mathematics and grade 8 reading are available for students with disabilities pursing a Modified Standard Diploma. The Modified Standard Diploma is available only to students who entered the 9th grade for the first time prior to the 2013-2014 school year.
The Virginia Modified Achievement Standards Test (VMAST) is intended for students with disabilities who are being instructed in grade level content but are not likely to achieve proficiency in the same time frame as their non-disabled peers. In the VMAST assessments, research-based supports and simplifications identified by Virginia educators have been applied to existing online reading and mathematics items to make them more accessible for students with disabilities.
- Mathematics Standards of Learning and VMAST Testing Blueprints
- English Standards of Learning and VMAST Testing Blueprints
- VMAST Practice Items and Practice Item Guides
- Selecting Appropriate Students for VMAST (PPT)
- VMAST Participation Criteria Form (Word) – developed by Virginia educators to define the characteristics of students for whom VMAST would be an appropriate assessment.
- Sample VMAST Participation Criteria Form (PDF)