2019 Conference Materials
Supporting Instruction and Deeper Learning through Balanced Assessment
Staff from the Department of Learning and Office of Student Assessment at the Virginia Department of Education provided professional development to assist school divisions in the development of Balanced Assessment Plans required by the Guidelines for Local Alternative Assessments for 2018-2019 through 2019-2020-This is a Word document.. Four regional one-day events focused on a balanced approach to assessment, using a process that can be applied across content areas, to support and inform instruction and the development of deeper learning opportunities.
Additional materials will be added to this web page as they become available.
- Balanced Assessment Presentation-This is a PPT presentation.
- Overview of Assessment Types Sorting Activity
- Assessment Quotes -This is a Word document.
- Assessment Inventory Tool -This is a Word document.
- Assessment Inventory Scenarios-This is a Word document.