June 29, 2012 – Spring 2012 Standards of Learning Tests to be released in Spring 2013. See Superintendent's Memo #159-12.
VDOE releases sample sets of Standards of Learning (SOL) tests that were administered to Virginia public school students during the previous spring test administration. The released tests are not inclusive of all SOL tests administered during the previous year; however, the tests are representative of the content and skills assessed.
You will also find current released tests listed on the resource page of those subjects assessed with SOL tests (see links at right).
Spring 2012 Released Tests
The following Standards of Learning (SOL) tests are a subset of the SOL tests that were administered in the Spring 2012 Test Administration. Please note that due to Web optimized formatting, the images in all released tests may be smaller in size than on the actual tests. All released tests are in PDF format.
Spring 2012 History & Social Science
- Grade 3 History
- Virginia Studies
- United States History to 1865
- United States History 1865 to the Present
- Civics & Economics
- Virginia & United States History
- World History and Geography to 1500 A.D. (C.E.)
- World History and Geography 1500 A.D. (C.E.) to the Present
- World Geography
- These files represent a paper/pencil form of the tests that students across the Commonwealth of Virginia took as part of the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) Assessments. The test questions are representative of the content and skills included in the Virginia SOL tests and are provided to help you understand the format of the tests and questions. The answer to each question can be found in the back of each test booklet.
- If you experience difficulty printing or viewing, visit: Adobe's Troubleshoot Printing Problems page.
- Recent Braille and Large Print versions of the released SOL tests are available in hard copy. Please contact the division director of testing in your local school division for additional information.
©2012 by the Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Education, P.O. Box 2120, Richmond, Virginia 23218-2120. All rights reserved. Except as permitted by law, this material may not be reproduced or used in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying or recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system, without written permission from the copyright owner. Commonwealth of Virginia public school educators may reproduce any portion of these released tests for non-commercial educational purposes without requesting permission. All others should direct their written requests to the Virginia Department of Education, Division of Student Assessment and School Improvement, at the above address or by e-mail to Student_Assessment@doe.virginia.gov.