The Standards & SOL-based Instructional Resources
The Standards of Learning (SOL) describe the commonwealth's expectations for student learning and achievement in grades K-12 in English, mathematics, science, history/social science, technology, the fine arts, foreign language, health and physical education, and driver education.
Select a content area on the menu to the right to view the following SOL-related resources:
- The Standards of Learning (SOL) – expectations for student learning and achievement.
- The Curriculum frameworks for English, mathematics, science and history/social science detail the specific knowledge and skills students must possess to meet the standards for these subjects.
- Enhanced scope and sequence guides provide sample lesson plans and instructional resources to help teachers align their classroom instruction with the standards.
- Test blueprints detail specific standards covered by a test, reporting categories of test items, number of test items, and general information about how test questions are constructed.
- Released tests and test items are representative of the content and skills included in the SOL assessments and present the format of the tests and questions. Select a subject from the menu on the right or see all released test resources.
Virginia Standards of Learning & Common Core Standards
In 2010 and 2011, The Board of Education followed the commonwealth’s established process for adopting and revising the Standards of Learning to ensure that instructional standards in Virginia public schools equal or exceed those for schools in states that have adopted the Common Core State Standards.
- More about the Virginia Standards of Learning & Common Core State Standards