|DATE:||December 15, 2017|
|FROM:||Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
Nominations for the 2018 Standards of Learning Special Test Forms Review Committee
The Virginia Department of Education is accepting nominations through March 9, 2018, for participation in the 2018 Standards of Learning (SOL) Special Test Forms Review Committee.
You are invited to identify educators in your school division for this committee. Approximately twelve members will be selected. All nominees, including those who have previously served, must submit a web-based application through the Assessment Committee Application Processing System (ACAPS). The application will require a professional reference and school division approval. All committee meetings will be held in Richmond, Virginia, as scheduled below.
Descriptions of the Committee
The Special Test Forms Review Committeewill be responsible for reviewing SOL test items on the Braille and large-print test forms for students who are visually impaired. Committee nominees should be educators with expertise in the instruction of students with visual impairments and experience with the administration of Braille and large-print test forms. This committee will convene twice during 2018 as follows:
- Session 1: July 23-25, 2018
- Session 2: October 9-11, 2018
Interested applicants must be available to serve during Session 1 and Session 2 for this committee.
Committee Members’ Responsibilities
All members selected for this committee will be expected to:
- serve a one-year term;
- sign a Non-Disclosure/Conflict of Interest Agreement; and
- participate in the committee meeting as scheduled by the Virginia Department of Education.
Provisions for Committee Members
Committee members will be provided the following:
- reimbursement for meals and travel expenses in accordance with state travel policy and guidelines;
- incentive of $125 per meeting day for committee members not under contract with a school division at the time of the meeting; and
- certificate for recertification points (pending local approval).
School divisions will be reimbursed for substitute teacher pay at a rate of $75 per day for committee meetings held when classes are in session.
If you have questions, please contact the student assessment staff at Student_Assessment@doe.virginia.gov or (804) 225-2102.
Your continued support of this effort is greatly appreciated.