|DATE:||December 15, 2017|
|FROM:||Steven R. Staples, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
State Funding Allocation for Information Technology Industry Certifications and Related Testing Preparation Resources
Amendments to the 2016-2018 biennial budget adopted by the 2017 General Assembly included an appropriation of $1.3 million to support students and teachers pursuing the Virginia Board of Education-approved information technology (IT) industry certifications for fiscal year 2018 (SY 2017-2018).
The Virginia Department of Education negotiated a group purchase for the Microsoft Imagine Academy IT industry certifications for 365 high schools and career and technical centers that elected to participate. All site licenses and products purchased under this negotiation have the same expiration date, December 1, 2018, which allows access to instructional and testing materials throughout the summer and fall.
The group purchase includes the following Microsoft Imagine Academy (MSIA) and Certiport products and services:
- 12-month site license Microsoft Imagine Academy subscription for digital curriculum and instructional resources;
- 12-month practice test full site license (delivered on the GMetrix operating platform) for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) applications in 2016/2013/2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365, Access, OneNote, and SharePoint;
- 12-month MOS/MTA/MCE site license (500 exam vouchers-volume);
- Workshops on how to access and use the digital curriculum, instructional resources, and new features of the GMetrix operating platform (to be announced under separate cover); and
- Access to on-demand professional development training around Microsoft Imagine Academy products and services.
Please note, all expenditures for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), and Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certifications listed above are covered under the state-negotiated contract for participating high schools and career and technical centers and should not be included on other requests for industry credentialing reimbursements.
If you have any questions, please contact Judith P. Sams, Microsoft Imagine Academy Coordinator, at email@example.com or by telephone at (804) 786-4206.