|DATE:||July 27, 2018|
|FROM:||James F. Lane, Superintendent of Public Instruction|
English Language Proficiency Assessments Test Administration Schedule for the 2018-2019 School Year
As required in Section 1111(b)(2)(G) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (ESEA), As Amended Through P.L. 115-141, enacted March 23, 2018, local educational agencies in the State will provide an annual assessment of English proficiency to all English learners in the schools served by the State educational agency.
For the 2018-2019 school year, the statewide English language proficiency (ELP) assessments testing window will open Monday, January 21, 2019, and will close Friday, March 29, 2019. All English Learners must be assessed with one of the following ELP assessments during this testing window, and payment for the ELP assessments is the responsibility of the division.
- ACCESS for ELLs® 2.0 online test (a headset with earphones and a microphone is required for online testing);
- ACCESS for ELLs® 2.0 paper test;
- Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs® test;
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® paper/pencil test;
- Virginia English Language Proficiency Checklist for Limited English Proficient Students in Kindergarten through Grade 12 with Hearing and Visual Impairments; or
- Virginia English Language Proficiency Checklist for Limited English Proficient Students in Kindergarten with Significant Cognitive Disabilities.
A detailed ELP assessment test administration schedule for the 2018-2019 school year is attached. This testing schedule includes important dates and deadlines for the administration of the online and paper ACCESS for ELLs® 2.0 test, the Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs® test, the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® test as well as the Virginia ELP Checklists. ELP Assessment information can also be located on the Virginia English Language Proficiency Assessment website. Details regarding the administration of the Virginia ELP Checklists will be sent at a later date.
If you have questions, please contact the assessment staff by email at email@example.com: Email link. or by telephone at (804) 225-2102.