Board Meeting Agenda – March 18-19 2020
Click on the links below to view individual agenda items. All documents are Word files unless otherwise indicated.
Business Session – Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – CANCELLED
THIS MEETING IS CANCELLED
Business Session Agenda – Thursday, March 19, 2020 – CANCELLED
THIS MEETING IS CANCELLED
Full Board Convenes – 9 a.m.
Moment of Silence
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes of the January 22-23, 2020, Meeting of the Board
Resolution of Recognition
- Resolution of Recognition presented to Virginia Thespian Administrator of the Year, Tara Taylor, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Resolution of Recognition presented to Virginia Art Educator of the Year, Patricia Franklin, Newport News Public Schools
- Resolution of Recognition presented to Milken Family Foundation Educator Award Winner, Ryan Sykes, Hopewell City Public Schools
- Resolution of Recognition to Commemorate April 2020, as the Month of the Military Child
- Final Review of the Proposed Revisions to the Regulations Governing Secondary School Transcripts-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of the Proposed Revisions to the Suicide Prevention Guidelines-This is a Word document.
- Item D – Attachment A-B (Dance Standards of Learning)-This is a Word document.
- Item D – Attachment C-D (Music Standards of Learning)-This is a Word document.
- Item D – Attachment E-F (Theatre Arts Standards of Learning)
- Item D – Attachment G-H (Visual Arts Standards of Learning)-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Recommended Cut Scores for the Grades 3-8 and End-of-Course Standards of Learning Reading Tests Based on the 2017 English Standards-This is a Word document.
- Final Review of Virginia’s Four-Year Perkins V State Plan-This is a Word document.
- Update on the 2020 General Assembly-This is a Word document.
- Summary of the Proposed Early Childhood State Agency Transition -This is a Word document.
Discussion of Current Issues – by Board of Education Members and Superintendent of Public Instruction
The Board of Education lunch and dinner scheduled for March 18 are cancelled.
The Board president reserves the right to change the times listed on this agenda depending upon the time constraints during the meeting.
*Guidelines for Public Comment
The Board of Education will provide an opportunity for members of the public to address the Board at its meetings, as appropriate, during the public comment portion of the meeting.
At its regular meetings, members of the public may address the Board during the public comment portion of the meeting on any matter related to public education, which includes the actions of the Board. During the public comment portion of any committee of the Board or any advisory committee of the Board, the Board requests that members of the public only address the committee on matters on the committee’s published agenda and any matters added to the agenda during the meeting by the committee.
Requests to address the Board or one of its committees during the public comment portion of the meeting shall include the subject to be discussed and the name of the speaker.
Requests to address the Board or one of its committees during the public comment portion of the meeting should be submitted to the Department of Education (804-225-2540 or Sonya.Broady@doe.virginia.gov) in advance of the meeting, but may be submitted the day of the meeting, at the discretion of the President or committee chairperson. In honoring such requests, the Board will limit such comments to three minutes for each speaker at the discretion of the President or committee chairperson.
The Board President or committee chairperson may, in his or her discretion, extend the public comment portion of the meeting, allocate the time available for public comment, adjust the order of speakers, or take other reasonable measures to ensure that the Board hears multiple views on any matter presented to the Board.
Public comment speakers will be encourage to provide multiple written copies (11) of their comments or other materials amplifying their views.