Virginia Department of EducationContact VDOE Staff
Public School Divisions
In Virginia, local school boards are responsible for the day-to-day governance of schools in each division. This includes decisions about personnel, student discipline, attendance boundaries, local textbook selection, dress codes and grading scales. Questions about these and other local matters should be directed to the appropriate school division contact:
- Division Staff – A-Z Listing by Division
- Division Staff – Division Listing
- Division Staff – Region Listing
- Division Superintendent Listing
School Division Descriptions, Calendars, & Maps:
- Locale Descriptions
- Calendars 2021-2022
- Pre-Labor Day Openings
- Region & Division Map
- School Listing – A-Z by School Name
- School Listing – A-Z by Division
- School Listing – By Division
- School Listing – By Region
- School List with Principal Contact Information-This is a CSV file
Regional Schools for Specialized Instruction
Two or more school divisions may establish and jointly operate regional schools.
- Regional Academic-Year Governor's Schools
- Regional Career & Technical Centers
- Regional Special Education programs
- Virginia School for the Deaf and The Blind
- CodeRVA Regional High School
Gloria Dalton, Parent Ombudsman
Military Families School Liaison Officers
Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps school liaison officers connect military families with educational opportunities and critical information about state and local school laws, policies and standards. Refer to the School Liaison Officers Contact Information-This is a Word document. to connect to a military school liaison officer. Visit Military Families for resources and support for military service children and their families during all stages of transition and deployment.
- The Virginia Council on Private Education (VCPE) has oversight of private nursery, preschool, elementary and secondary school accreditation.
- Private Special Education Day Schools & Residential Schools – In compliance with the Code of Virginia, (§ 22.1-321), the Board of Education has authorized the Superintendent of Public Instruction to issue licenses to operate schools for students with disabilities.
Persons wishing to pursue educational opportunities beyond high schools, have numerous available options. In Virginia, public institutions include 15 four-year colleges and universities, one two-year college and 23 community colleges, as well as dozens of private institutions.
- State Council for Higher Education in Virginia (SCHEV)
- Colleges & Universities
- Virginia Community Colleges
Requesting an Update to the Virginia School Directories
Updates to the school directories need to be made by the school division’s Education Registry Application contact-This is a PDF document.. If further assistance is needed, contact the VDOE Data Management office at ResultsHelp@doe.virginia.gov.