Educational Registry Application
Information collected in the Educational Registry Application (ERA) is the Virginia Department of Education's official means of identifying schools for the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) reporting, mailings, contacts for Web-based data submissions, and the Virginia Educational Directory. The long name is used in official announcements from the Department, School Report Card, and certificate creation. Additionally, current contact information is used for the Superintendent of Public Instruction's communication with division superintendents. All contact data within ERA must be kept current.
2018-2019 Collection Educational Registry Application (ERA)
Due: August 23, 2019
ERA – Collection for School ID, division superintendent, designated contacts and central office staff updates.
- Procedures for Completing the 2018-2019 Educational Registry Application Data Collection Due: August 24, 2018 – Superintendent's Memo 182-18
- Authorization of Signatures in Absence of Division Superintendent – Superintendent's Memo 162-13
- NCES Identifiers for New Schools in 2015-16 – Superintendent's Memo 155-15. The deadline for submitting new school requests is July 31, 2015.
- Request to Open/Close/Change a School Form (Word)
- Single Sign-on for Web Systems (SSWS)
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Guidelines for Completing the Long Name of a School (PDF)