SOQ Compliance & Other Certifications Data Collection
News & Announcements
2019-2020 SOQ Compliance & Other Certifications Data Collection
The 2019-2020 SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection is available in SSWS beginning July 1, 2020. The data collection must be completed by August 7, 2020.
All school divisions in Virginia have been impacted by the mandatory school closure as a result of COVID-19. For the 2019-2020 data collection:
- If a requirement in the SOQ Compliance application was waived by the Superintendent of Public Instruction due to COVID-19, please answer “Yes” to the question. Refer to COVID-19 Waivers and Flexibility for the list of waivers and relief measures.
- If your school division was unable to comply with any questions in the SOQ Compliance application due to the school closures, and that requirement was not waived, please answer “No” to the question and enter “COVID19” in the accompanying text box.
Certain provisions in the Code of Virginia, Board of Education regulations, and the Appropriation Act require school divisions to annually certify the status of compliance. These certifications are collected through the annual SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection. This data collection begins in July of each year and must be completed by each school division by August.
School divisions use the Single Sign-On for Web-based Systems (SSWS) to complete the SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection.
In accordance with § 22.1-18 of the Code of Virginia, the Board of Education is required to report the compliance of local school boards with the Standards of Quality (SOQ). This compliance is collected through the SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection and included as part of the Board’s annual report to the General Assembly.
For more information on the SOQ, please see the Standards of Quality webpage.
In addition to SOQ compliance, VDOE collects several other certifications and reporting requirements through this data collection, which are not included in the Board's annual report. These other certifications include compliance with requirements such as teacher employment, compulsory attendance and truancy, school accountability and accreditation, and others. A complete list of all questions in the data collection, including the other certifications, is provided under “Resources” below.
Please note that Pre-Labor Day openings waivers have been eliminated for all school divisions except those offering year-round instructional programs. For more information, please see the Pre-Labor Day Openings webpage.
- 2019-2020 SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection-This is a Word document. – Superintendent's Memo 141-20, June 12, 2020
- Complete list of questions included in the 2019-2020 SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection-This is a Word document.
- 2019 Virginia Standards of Quality-This is a Word document.
Please direct questions about the SOQ Compliance and Other Certifications Data Collection to the Policy Office at (804) 225-2092 or email@example.com.