2019 English Deeper Learning Conferences
The 2019 English Deeper Learning Conference provided training that focused on implementing the 2017 English Standards of Learning. To assist school division teachers and leaders in implementing the new standards, the VDOE’s English Language Arts Institutes provided targeted professional development presented by teachers from around the Commonwealth. Emphasis was given to the new standards in reading, writing, research, communication and multimodal literacies and the importance of integrating the strands during instruction.
- K-2 Reading: PALS Examining PALS Data to Ensure the Value and Investment of Early Screening in Virginia-This is a PPT presentation.
- K-2 Writing: Integrated Language Arts Instruction-This is a PPT presentation.
- 3-5 Reading: Digging in to get the learning out! Paired Passages as Part of an Integrated Unit-This is a PPT presentation.
- 3-5 Writing: Moving in the “Write” Direction for the SOLs-This is a PPT presentation.
- K-5: The Progression of Opinion Writing in Grades K-5-This is a PPT presentation.
- Secondary Reading: Vertical Alignment in Integrated 6-12 Unit Using the 2017 Standards-This is a PPT presentation.
- Secondary Reading: Tackling Technical Texts-This is a PPT presentation.
- Middle School Writing: Why We Need To Write In Middle School-This is a PPT presentation.
- Middle School Writing: Middle Schoolers Can Write-This is a PPT presentation.
- Secondary Writing: Reflective Writing-This is a PPT presentation.
- Secondary Writing: Using Understand Scoring with Local Performance Assessments for Verified Credit-This is a PPT presentation.