Virginia Cohort Reports
VDOE publishes annual state-level, division-level and school-level cohort reports that detail outcomes for students who entered the ninth-grade for the first time together and were scheduled to graduate four years later.
Cohort reports include the Virginia On-Time Graduation Rate for the commonwealth, school divisions and high schools and also include data on dropouts, students still in school and students on long-term leave.
The Virginia On-Time Graduation Rate expresses the percentage of students in a cohort who earned a Board of Education-approved diploma within four years of entering high school for the first time. Percentages are based on longitudinal student-level data and account for student mobility and retention and promotion patterns.
Detailed State, Division & School Cohort Reports
Class of 2021
- State Summary-This is an excel spreadsheet.
- State-This is an excel spreadsheet. – Four-Year Cohort Report
- School Divisions-This is an excel spreadsheet. – Four-Year Cohort Report
- Schools with a Graduating Class-This is an excel spreadsheet. – Four-Year Cohort Report
Cohort Graduation Build-A-Table
Refer to the Cohort Graduation Build-A-Table to create cohort year reports by division, school, student subgroup, gender.
- Virginia Graduation Rates & Indicators (PDF) – Compares Virginia On-Time Graduation Rate with related reports and statistics
- The Virginia On-Time Graduation Rate – An Accurate Graduation Rate for Virginia (PDF)
- Calculating the Virginia On–Time Graduation Rate (PDF)
- Understanding Virginia High School Cohort Reports (PDF)
- Cohort Report Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)