Facility Construction & Maintenance
News & Announcements
- News Release, December 4, 2020 - VDOE Announces $12 Million in School Security Equipment Grants-This is a Word document.
- Frequency of Fire Drills, Tornado Drills, Lock-Down Drills, Bus Drills, and Annual Training - See Superintendent’s Memo #191-19-This is a Word document.
- Water Testing - See Superintendent’s Memo #171-17
- Radon Testing - See Superintendent's Memo #131-14
How VDOE helps
There are currently more than 1,800 public school buildings serving Virginia's K-12 students. The issues involved in providing and planning adequate school facilities are complex and require thoughtful consideration. To plan and construct school buildings that meet today's educational needs, are easy to maintain and are economical to build is an important and difficult task.
VDOE provides leadership and technical services to Virginia's public school facilities in the following areas:
- School facility planning
- Guidelines for school facilities
- Energy efficiency and high performance school buildings
- School construction cost data
- Facility conferences
- School safety and security
- Playground safety
- School facility efficiency studies
- Resources and information