Below are courses that K12 teachers can take to learn about teaching online.
WHRO provides an Online Teaching Methodology course 60 hours/7 weeks (Graduate credit available through James Madison University) (fee). This course is designed to provide training to those who wish to serve as online instructors or course developers for WHRO Education's Online Student Courses.
PBS TeacherLine offers a Fundamentals of Virtual K12 Teaching course (fee).
University and College Courses
- MEd with concentration in Blended and Online Learning in Schools (BOLS)
- Blended and Online Learning in Schools (BOLS) Graduate Certificate
- Master of Education in Teaching & Learning - Educational Technology & Online Instruction
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Technology and Online Instruction
- Online Teaching for K-12 Graduate Certificate
- EDIS 5075 – Online Instruction for K-12
- Certificate in Online Teaching for K-12 Educators
William & Mary
- CRIN 607 - Teaching and Learning Online
- EPPL 508 - Collaborative and Cooperative Learning Online
- EPPL 509 - Blended Learning & Teaching