Teacher & Administrator Preparation
News & Announcements
A number of traditional and non-traditional options are available for persons interested in pursuing a career in education.
- Colleges & Universities With Approved Educator Preparation Programs
Information on the more than three dozen public and private colleges and universities throughout Virginia that provide programs of study for aspiring educators and continuing education opportunities for veteran teachers.
- Career Switcher, Alternative Route to Licensure
This program is designed to assist individuals from various occupational and life experiences become classroom teachers. Persons interested in this option must apply for admission to one of colleges and institutions around the state offering a certified program.
- Virginia Teachers for Tomorrow Program
Information for high school juniors and seniors interested in pursuing a career in education.
- Troops to Teachers (TTT) Virginia Center
TTT Virginia Center is Virginia's program for the Troops to Teachers National Office and is administered by William & Mary for the Virginia Department of Education.
- Regulations Governing the Review and Approval of Education Programs in Virginia
- Virginia Teaching Scholarship Loan Program (VTSLP)
Information on applying for tuition support for students preparing to teach in one of Virginia's critical shortage teaching areas.
- Title II State Reports – Virginia
Each state receiving Title II funding is required to report annually on the quality of teacher preparation in the state, including the pass rates by teacher preparation programs. The 2008 reauthorization of the Higher Education Act made sweeping changes to the data collection required under Title II. The 2010 state reports are the first reports submitted by states under the reauthorized law.