History & Social Science
Standards of Learning Documents for History & Social Science – Adopted 2008
- The Standards of Learning and Curriculum Framework comprise the history and social science content that teachers in Virginia are expected to teach and students are expected to learn.
- Test blueprints provide information on how SOL assessments are constructed.
- Released tests and item sets are SOL assessments recently administered in the commonwealth’s public schools.
|All History & Social Science||Word / PDF||NA||NA|
|Kindergarten||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|Grade 1||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|Grade 2||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|Grade 3||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|Virginia Studies||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|US History to 1865||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|US History 1865 to Present||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
|Civics & Economics||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|World History & Geography to 1500||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|World History & Geography 1500-Present||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|World Geography||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|Virginia & US History||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||Word|
|Virginia & US Government||Word / PDF||Word / PDF||NA|
Resources for Instruction
- SOL Institutes – VDOE provided professional development for school divisions and their teachers to support the increased rigor in the 2008 History and Social Science Standards of Learning. School divisions and teachers are encouraged to utilize the professional development resources to improve student achievement through quality instruction.
- Instructional Resources
Resources for Assessment
- SOL Practice Items in TestNav 8 – Provide examples of technology-enhanced items that assess the 2008 History & Social Science SOL
- Released SOL Tests & Item Sets – Tests and item sets representative of the content and skills included in the Virginia SOL tests.